Wednesday 17 May 2017

Updated CV

Recently I've had another read through of my CV and I've decided to make a couple of changes to it to make it look more professional. Mike, my tutor, has had a look at my CV as well and he told me to make a few changes like rearrange some words in the educational section and put my part time job on my CV, which I did. This is what it looks like now.

James Beardsell
19 Norwood Place, Hyde Park, Leeds, LS6 1DY
Mobile: 07969602133


Artist Statement

Throughout my years, my determination and appreciation for animation has increased, along with my abilities. I gave a great interest in creating realistic effects and movement. I specialize in 3D animation and Visual Effects, because I thrive on the creativity in which these processes hold. I find myself to be inspired by films and TV shows and especially the behind the scenes footages of them so I can see how they are all put together. I aspire to become the best 3D/CG animator and VFX artist I can possible be. I also have a passion for Dynamic and Particle effects due to the amount of realism and wonders you can achieve. I believe that improvement can always be applied, and as an artist development is key. And when it comes to my personality I’m friendly, polite, and have the ability to work collaboratively in a professional environment.  

Skills

·         3D Animation
·         3D Modelling
·         3D Rigging
·         Dynamic effects
·         Particle effects
·         Storyboarding
·         Editing

Software Skills

Proficient in: Photoshop, After Effects, Autodesk Maya, Premiere, IPI Motion capture and Microsoft Office

Experienced in: OptiTrack, Cinema 4D, Blender, Autodesk 3Ds Max, Illustrator, InDesign and RealFlow

Experience

End of Year Exhibition 2015-16

I have assisted and with preparing and coordinating the end of year exhibitions, and had the individual job of editing everyone’s showreel together appropriately. This had been a rewarding experience because it has given me the ability to understand the best ways to present and display work effectively to the audience.

We Are Universe 2016

This was a project in collaboration with Leeds College of Music, Motiv Productions and more. Myself, along with other animators all produced short animations based around the elements and how they connect with the universe. This was then projected at Leeds Light Night 2016.
Hello Leeds 2016

For the Christmas festive season of 2016, I worked with other animators, Illustrators and Graphic Designers to produce a series of animations for Jimmy Islip from Lumen run by another company called Leeds Bid. Are animations where then projected onto the lifting tower in Leeds.

Coordinating Third Year Film Exhibition 2017

This was an opportunity to coordinate and display the third-year Animation Final Film Exhibition to the rest of the university and the public.

Part Time Jobs

Costa Coffee – Skilled Barista                                                                      2013 - 2017

Education

Leeds College of Art                                                                            2014 - Present

BA (Hons) Animation: Pending

Leeds College of Art                                                                                  2012 - 2014

UAL Level 3 Extended Diploma in Art and Design (QCF): Distinction       

Wakefield Independent School                                                                   2006 – 12

GCSEs: A [1], B [1], C [4], D [1]        

Queens Elizabeth’s Grammar School                                                          2002-06


Other Interests

With the time I have free, I like playing video games, being active and healthy. Due to the fact that I have a part time job at Costa Coffee, I like to make/drink coffee, with my own coffee machine, and socialize with other people. I also enjoy biking, swimming and travelling, however I love just to sit down, relax and watch a film with a beer.








Showreel / Portfolio at:

@jjbeardsell

www.jbanimation.uk

                                                                 vimeo.com/jjbeardsell

No comments:

Post a Comment