Tuesday 16 May 2017

Applying For Jobs

Throughout my third year at Uni I have been applying for many different jobs across the UK ranging from junior animator, runner to CG generalist. I feel like my CV is strong because it has gotten me three different interviews but the thing that is letting me down is the fact that I don't have loads of experience within the industry.

For applying for jobs I have mainly been using websites like animatedjobs.com, indeed.co.uk and animationbase.com because these websites in my opinion have the latest job offerings and updates than others. However I have been expanding my search and been going onto other sites like CWJobs.co.uk, Jobsite.co.uk and jobmatchers.co.uk so that my presence is out there on the internet so that more people in the industry can see my work and hopefully want to hire me.

Here is a short list of just a few places I have applied for, it tells you what the job is, where it is and who it's for.

3D animation Internship - Digital Shotgun - Edgwer

CG Modeller / Texture Artist - Blue Zoo - London

Studio Runner - A Large Evil Corporation - Bath

CG Generalist - A Large Evil Corporation - Bath

Jr Compositor - Jellyfish - London

Maya Generalist - Axis Animation - Bristol

Studio Runner - Framestore - London

Internship - Framestore - London

Jr Animator - Rockstar - Leeds

VFX Artist - Haybrookit - oxfordshire

VFX Artist - Cloud Imperium Games
Digital Artist: Video Games, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, 3D, 2D, Graphic Design, Artist, Development, GUI - JY/2208 - Oxfordshire
Character Animator - Framestore - London

Jr CG Artist - iSite - colchester

3D Animator - Tag Games - Dundee (Scotland)

Modeller - Framestore - London

Jr VFX Artist - Datascope - London

Maya Animator - A Large Evil Corporation - Bath

Video Editor / Animator - Pertemps Network Group - Cheadle

Digital Animator - Bright Carbon - Bristol

Jr 3D modeller & Visualiser - ADS Ltd - Pontefract

Jr Designer - Neo G Ltd - Harrogate

3D Character Artist – AAA Video Games - Netherlands
Animator - St John’s - Canada
3D Generalist - London
Jr 3D Modeller - 360 Resourcing Solution - Manchester
The ones highlighted in bold are the ones I have had interviews for, so this shows you how hard it is in the industry to try and get a job. I did have an opportunity to have an interview in Belfast for a studio called 'JamStudios' but because they work on kids programs I wasn't that interested and I wasn't going to go all that way over to Island for a job I didn't really want.  

No comments:

Post a Comment