Wednesday 17 May 2017

Mike Hermes

Mike Hermes is a YouTuber who creates Maya tutorials for people ranging from beginners to experts. He mainly works in Maya but he does do Maya plug-ins as well, he focuses on modelling, rigging, animation and design. 

I've been going to Mike for many of years now if I have ever wanted help trying to model something that I didn't know how something should be modelled properly. Plus Mike is great at showing you how to place different textures on to the model to make them look more realistic, and he shows you what is the bast way to apply the textures when using different renders. 

His channel is solely devoted to teaching people how to create 3D objects within Maya and in my opinion he is one of the better YouTube tutorial guys that takes to time to fully explain what it is he is doing in his scene. For beginners this guy is great to learn from because he is very detailed in what he it doing and creating, also he takes his time and goes slow. 

He's also made videos on how to animated dynamic bodies and ncloth which is the kind of thing I'm looking for seen as though I'm going into the visual effects and 3D animation industry and need to learn about effect in Maya. One of the tutorials that he's created explains how someone can model a 3D object that can float in water, and me thats already created water effects has found this tutorial quite interesting due to the fact that learning this technique would increase my abilities as a 3D and vfx artist. 


No comments:

Post a Comment