Monday 15 May 2017

Interview With isite TV

For a couple of months now I have been applying for jobs in the animation industry, looking for runner positions, junior 3D artists and CG generalists and luckily I have had some interviews for different positions at different studios.

The first studio I had an interview was at Isite TV down in Colchester. The role for this studio I was going for was Junior 3D Artist where I will be creating 3D assets, modelling environments and learning from the senior CG artist. I had this interview on the 5th of April a day after I got back from my holidays so I was quite tried, but I kept alert and was very chatty with the interviewers.

During the interview we discussed about my work, my strengths, weaknesses, why I'd be good for the studio and why I chose to apply to the studio. I felt like I answered all these questions correctly, however I did stumble when it came to my weaknesses because I said that I have a short attention span which didn't go down well with the interviewer. I also was very nervous going into the interview which they could probably tell that just by looking at me, and I felt like some of my answers did have a lot of 'er' in them.

Looking back at the interview I could of done better and answered the questions differently, but first interviews are mostly bad anyways. And unfortunately I didn't get the job at isite TV because they said that they found I wasn't as suitable as someone else they found. But hay I'm not too worried about this because I can learn from this and know for next time what I should say and do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment