Wednesday 17 May 2017

Daryl Obert

Daryl Obert is another YouTuber who does tutorials about Maya, however he is different to Mike Hermes because he produces more motion graphic type 3d animations and creates visual effects within Maya. Daryl teaches you more about ncloths, Bifrost, rigging and nParticles hens why I've also been watching the tutorials, it makes my understanding of Maya and its effects clearer. 

He also has this thing on his channel where he makes a playlist and creates videos dedicated to Mondays and called the playlist Maya Mondays. With Darly he has many tutorials on liquid simulations so this really helped me in the Context of Practice module where I created particle and liquid simulations. Looking through his YouTube page he does loads of tutorials that really interest me but some of the things that he uses in the tutorials are pre-built and he doesn't explain how he built them because they are not an essential part of the tutorial, which makes some of the tutorials frustrating due to the fact that you can't follow fully what he id doing. 

Another thing about Darly Obert's YouTube channel is that he uploads his videos quite slowly so he doesn't have as many as Mike Hermes but the videos that he does do are very different from Mikes. Plus his videos are quite up to date with the new technology that's out there which is good because I like to keep up with the latest of technologies. 

There was a couple of videos that he made that really helped me during my time at University especially when doing my dissertation on particle effects in Maya. The videos that he did tutorials on where about the feature Bifrost in Maya which deals with liquid simulations and the videos were all about editing the attributes in the simulation to achieve realistic effects. For example he talks about voxel sizing, density, time scale, droplets and stickiness strengths of the liquid attributes. This was a huge help for me to understand. 


No comments:

Post a Comment